Saturday, January 26, 2013

INTERVIEW WITH MOUFDI EL B


First of all, I would like to know what your name –Moufdi El B means?
Moufdi is my first name, El B is a shortcut for my family name which is El Bellaj.

Where are you coming from?
Originally Moroccan.

How old are you?
31 years old.

You have this passion for dance; why do you like dancing?
Dancing is part of me, my personality, I feel relaxed and happy when I dance, that's the reason why I like dancing.

How long are you practicing daily?
I practice around 2 to 4 hours a day.

How long have you been dancing?
I started dancing at 12 years old, around 19 years ago.

What got you into dancing?
Watching couple of videos inspired and motivated me to start dancing.

You are a professional dancer, what is your biggest dream or goal in life?
My goal is to spread the hip-hop culture in each place I am, and will be in the future. To have my own dance academy is my biggest dream, a place where dancers can share and spread their art..., which I am close to have very soon...:-)

Do you hope to inspire others to dance too?
Yes, of course.

Would you like to try any other style of dance?
I tried couple  of other style already, which helped me to find out my own style.


How do you feel when you perform?
I feel happy, especially when I see the audience reaction.

What is your favorite part about dancing?
Dancing is a way of expressing my self; I love to express my mood through my dance.

What is your favorite dance step?
There are many steps I like, I can not only limit it to one.

Have you ever fallen while performing?
No, never! I practice so much before a performance, that even if at a point if it happen that I sleep, the audience will not even notice it as I will freestyle another step, and this can happen to any dancer.

What was your worst dance moment?
I don't remember having a bad moment in dance.


What had dance taught you?
Discipline, organization and team work.

What was the best routine you ever performed?
Opening act with Busta Rhymes, and couple of other international artists.

Tell us a funny moment during a show or performance of yours.
Once I gave my music CD to the DJ, and my team and I were ready to dance on stage, when suddenly the DJ played the wrong track (Arabic music)...and we had to improvise on it.:-)

Does your family support you with what you doing? 
Yes, all the time!

What is your favorite style of dancing to watch?
Hip Hop dancing.

Would you like your kids to be dancers too?
Yes. My kids will start dancing before walking...

Have you take any dance classes as a child?
No.

Do you have any pre-performance rituals or superstitions?
No.

What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
When a student come to my class not knowing anything about dance, and she or he end up very good dancers after few months.

What is your greatest strength?
I never give up when I start something.

What is something that not many people know about you?
I use to be a professional soccer player, and I have very close relationships with many international artists not only about work, but also in personal life.

If you weren’t a professional dancer, what would you be?
Football player.

If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be?
No one, I would only want to be myself.

What celebrity would you most like to give private hip hop dance class?
Ciara or Usher.


What is your favorite place to go social dance?
Clubbing, or during my dance classes.

I know that you created and you are the manager of Xtremer crew. Tell us more about your crew.
We are one of the first hip hop dance team who represent the hip hop culture in the Middle East, starting with Dubai in 1998.
The Xtremer crew has built up an outstanding reputation and is now in high demand internationally. The talented entourage is continually in demand to choreograph and do opening acts and perform with international artists. These include US phenomenon's AkonKelly RowlandFat JoeK-YoungNellyCiaraBusta RhymesSean KingstonMimsKarl WolfFloridaTinchy Stryder, the world renowned Latina performer Shakira, superstar singer Jay Sean and the Arab world's number one female entertainer Nancy Ajram.

What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your career?
My biggest challenge was to create my own dance company, but soon I will also build my own dance academy.

What’s your favorite non-dance activity or hobby?
Football.

Where do/ would you most like to travel?
United States, France, Russia.

Do you need long periods of time alone, or are you energized by interaction?
I like to have my time alone, but I need both, to be alone and be in interaction with others.

What’s your average bedtime?
I usually sleep really late, I would say not before 3AM.

Where would you like to live long-term?
I would like to settle in United States, New York to be more specific.

Last song you listened to on your iPod?

What artist was the most pleasant and interesting to work with?
Karl Wolf, K-Young, Kelly Rowland, Busta Rhymes, Mims, Snoop Dogg...

What is your relationship with the fans?
I'm very close to my fans, and I always answer them back.
Do you often give autographs?
Not really. Fans take pictures with me very often though.

Have something to say to those who admire you?
I am happy to see how people are interested in dancing and support me. I thank them for the love they are showing me.
And I want everyone to know that ''Dance it's mother of the arts & Dance is the hidden language of your soul''.

Check out some great videos from Moufdi's dance classes and routines he choreographed:










Xtremer crew videos (Moufdi's team):

Promo video  

Busta Rhymes & Fashion Fantastic Performance


If you want to contact Moufdi for any inquire, send him an e-mail at: 
info@ xtremer-ent.com, or follow his Facebook page: www.facebook.com/moufdielb










7 comments:

  1. Moufdi El B= Originality...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Moufdi El B is a great person, from who we should learn so much, and he can be a good example for all who has dreams and goals in life! He is the one who follows his heart and that's what I admire the most at him!
    He is not just talented, he is hard working too! I'm proud to have such awesome friend and I'm very happy that I had the chance to meet him in Dubai! Wish him all the best and success in all what he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Interview Moufdi look gr8 in all the pics, besides he's funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leonora, glad you like it! You have good eyes:-)Eagle eyes!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for showing that much love ....it means allot to me......Cristina i am really happy to have you my friend.....hope to see u soon.....one love,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you as well:-) I'll be waiting to see you soon as well! Friends for life! :-)God help us!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This info is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out more?


    My web-site

    ReplyDelete